May Flowers Bullet Journal Spread

by - 3:22 PM

After plunging into yet another web of related videos on YouTube, I decided I wanted a bullet journal. I had a planner that I used semi-often at the moment, but I wasn't a fan of how it organized itself. The cool thing about bullet journals, and what appealed to me the most, is that you can customize it to meet your needs.

A lot of people in the YouTube/Instagram bullet journal community use expensive tools and products, so I'm trying to find alternatives to them, and I'll let you know what I think. For this month's spread, I used watercolors, various gel pens, a set of highlighters, and Crayola markers. The journal I used is a Northbooks softcover notebook, which was about $10.


This page has a simple calendar at the bottom and features watercolor floral decorations. I wish I wrote May in bigger letters, but it's fine.


These two pages were experimental, and I don't like them because they don't fit with the floral theme I wanted. Experimentation is good, though!


I finally started incorporating the floral theme better. I actually only used yellow, green, and purple highlighters to color these spreads, so I'm happy with how it looks with that considered!


I wanted to have a nature-inspired quote, but all I could keep thinking of is the Robert Frost poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening." I decided to just add lyrics from "Sleeping Lessons" by the Shins -- I definitely feel more motivated to look up inspiring quotes now though!

Overall, I'm so excited to get back to creating things by hand, and bullet journaling has been therapeutic for me so far! I hope I can make some really beautiful spreads soon, but I think I'm doing great so far.

You May Also Like

0 comments